Check your build scripts

Might be common sense to many out there, but this got me today. A few weeks, month ago, I updated Mac OS X from El Capitan to Sierra. Its been fine.

I've been debugging an issue that doesn't make sense, a portion of code that has been working, stopped today, and I'm trying to figure out why. In exploration, I ran a build script that I haven't changed in forever, and I got this error


Solving it came from this fellow here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26185978/macos-wchar-h-file-not-found. Specifically, that xcode had decided to install command line libraries in another directory. Sigh...

Well a little of

  
xcode-select --install

then
  
sudo xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/
And voila! It compiled again. So, yeah, should be policy to run build script right after upgrading OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XAMPP phpMyAdmin subdomain on localhost

Create a localhost subdomain for phpMyAdmin on XAMPP Open xampp\apache\conf\extra\http-vhosts.conf and append the following (modify the Docu...